A very important paper got released at the beginning of the month that I thought you’d want to know about if you didn’t already.
When you’re moving from the older File Replication Service to Distributed File System Replication to propagate the contents of the SYSVOL which contains your logon scripts and your group policy object ADMX files, you’ll want something to guide you in the migration process and this document is just what the doctor ordered.
Here’s the announcement:
Ned here. It’s done, it’s out, come get it, stop yelling at me! :-)
- SYSVOL Replication Migration Guide: FRS to DFS Replication (TechNet Version)
- SYSVOL Replication Migration Guide: FRS to DFS Replication (Word Doc Version)
Be sure to also run through some of these (possibly) useful accompanying pieces:
- Verifying File Replication during the Windows Server 2008 DFSR SYSVOL Migration – Down and Dirty Style
- DFSR SYSVOL Migration FAQ: Useful trivia that may save your follicles
- KB968733 (hotfix for migration under certain RODC scenarios)
- KB967326 (hotfix for migration under disjoint name space scenarios)
– Ned ‘Yes, my middle name is DFSR’ Pyle