This is the download page for the SQL Server 2008 R2 Best Practices Analyzer. It works with SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2.
The Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 BPA is a diagnostic tool that performs the following functions:
• Gathers information about a Server and a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or 2008 R2 instance installed on that Server
• Determines if the configurations are set according to the recommended best practices
• Reports on all configurations, indicating settings that differ from recommendations
• Indicates potential problems in the installed instance of SQL Server
• Recommends solutions to potential problems