How to determine the appropriate page file size for 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2008 and or Windows 2008 R2
Method 2: Use the Page File Bytes Peak counter to calculate page file size
1. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Performance.
2. Click System Monitor.
3. In the right pane, click + (the Add button).
4. Click Use local computer counters.
5. In the Performance object list, click Process.
6. Click Select counters from list, click Page File Bytes Peak, click Add, and then click Close.
7. Let the counter run during typical use of your computer.
8. Note the maximum value for the Page File Bytes Peak counter, and then multiply the value by 0.70. The sum of the equation is the size to set for your page file.